National Fuel recognizes that during these unsettling times there may be instances where customers find themselves facing financial difficulties.
Customers whose income situation has changed in the last 30 days may be eligible for LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program), a federally funded programs that provides financial heating assistance to those who qualify. Customers can contact the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services, 1-866-857-7095, to discuss eligibility.
National Fuel customers who are having trouble paying their bills are encouraged to call Customer Service at 1-800-365-3234 to discuss other available payment programs and services, including:
• Budget Plan- predictable monthly gas bills and stabilized heating payments for the year
• Deferred Payment Agreement- customers can negotiate a payment plan in the event of a special circumstance
• LIRA- reduced-rate monthly bills and debt forgiveness
• LIURP- weatherization assistance for customers who meet income and consumption requirements
• CARES- payment arrangements and assistance referrals for customers facing hardships
• Neighbor For Neighbor Heat Fund- helps customers who are having difficulty paying bills and who meet one of the following criteria: at least 55 years old, a veteran, disabled, have a certified medical condition, or receiving unemployment benefits, meet basic energy needs.
To learn more about natural gas safety, visit www.nationalfuelgas.com/forhome/gassafety.aspx.