Kindergarten registration for the North East School District 2021-22 school year will occur on Friday, May 7, 2021, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
This year, much of the information previously collected on paper forms will now be completed online. The registration links are on the district website at https://www.nesd1.org/parents-students/index under the section of “2021-2022 Kindergarten Enrollment.”
This portion must be done before May 7. Some medical and technology information will need to be submitted in paper form, which is available for download from the website or by calling the North East Davis/Primary office at 814-725-8671, ext. 3050.
On May 7, parents will complete the registration by bringing their child to Earle C. Davis Primary, along with all remaining paperwork at the pre-arranged appointment time.
Parents will need to bring:
• Child’s original birth certificate
• Two forms of proof of residency in the North East School District. Examples of acceptable proof would include a current utility bill with parent’s name and address, a tax bill, or a current lease or mortgage
• Custody order, if applicable
• The medical and technology forms that you downloaded from the district website or received from the school
If a parent does not have access to complete the online form or access the additional documents, please call the Davis office, and the school will provide a paper version of the registration documents.
The Department of Health and Education requires students entering kindergarten to have up-to-date immunizations. Every child must receive or is scheduled to receive all the necessary immunizations before school begins or they will not be permitted to start school.
All immunizations must be completed within the first five days of school.
The only exception would be:
• Medical reason – a written statement from your doctor stating the medical reason. Notice is to be kept on file.
• Religious reason – a written statement from the parent/guardian stating their reasons. Notice is to be kept on file.
The Erie County Department of Health operates a free shot clinic where immunizations are available free of charge for those persons who do not have a private physician or insurance.
Call the Department of Health at 451-6777 for an appointment.
If a parent/guardian has any questions regarding immunizations, contact the school nurse, Kiersten Lawrence at 725-8671, ext. 3012.
Call the Davis office at 814-725-8671 ext. 3050 with any questions.