Regardless of what field you work in, there are certain skills that can make you more attractive in the job market. The Hi-Ed and the 4 NINE Center have compiled a group of classes this fall to help you learn those skills.
SKILL 1: Learn how to use a spreadsheet
There are three different classes this term that can help students learn how to use a spreadsheet. Microsoft Excel is the most used spreadsheet software for businesses. Whether a person is needing to learn the very basics of the program, or just need to hone one’s skills, these classes can help.
• Excel 1: Tuesdays and Thursdays, Sept. 10-19, from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m., cost is $99.
• Excel 2: Tuesdays and Thursdays, Oct. 1-10, from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m., cost is $99.
• Getting Started With Excel: Thursday, Oct. 10, from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., cost is $39.
SKILL 2: How to build a website
Many small businesses use WordPress to set up and maintain their websites. Learning how to use WordPress to build a site can make a person invaluable to potential employers. Websites are constantly needing updated, which provides a level of job security, as well.
• WordPress: Thursday, Sept. 19, from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., cost is $150.
SKILL 3: Conflict resolution and communication
When conflict arises in the workplace, being able to diffuse the situation and communicate in an effective way is important to employers. Learn how to help different personalities work with each other, instead of against each other. This is a skill that employers look for in all of their supervisors
• Conflict Resolution, Communication, and EQ in the Workplace: Wednesday, Oct. 2, from 9 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. cost is $150.
All classes are held at the 4 NINE Center at 103 Clay St. in North East.
To register for classes, please call us at 814-723-3222 or visit our website at NorthEastHi-Ed.org.