Editor’s note: News releases written by Pennsylvania State Police are submitted to The North East News-Journal, which then publishes the exact information supplied by police. Whether names or other facts of the incident are published depends strictly on what information has been given by the police. The news releases are kept on file at the News-Journal.
Pennsylvania State Police
• HARBORCREEK TOWNSHIP— Between May 24, 2019, and June 3, 2019, Joseph Turco, 44, Erie, left a victim about 79 lewd and threatening voicemails. Charges have been filed through District Judge Lisa Ferrick’s office.
• HARBORCREEK TOWNSHIP — A crime occurred on July 5 when a known 41-year-old female victim sent the actor a check as a loan to cover the cost of shipping a bike the actor bought. The actor sent the victim a check to cover the cost of the loan plus the cost of the bike. When the victim attempted to cash the check, it was returned due to being fraudulent. State police are investigating.
• NORTH EAST TOWNSHIP — A burglary occurred on Freeport Road on July 13, around 11:15 p.m., when an unknown actor, or actors, entered a victim’s residence without being detected.
• HARBORCREEK TOWNSHIP — On July 15 at 10:06 p.m. an unknown actor forced entry into the propane locker at Rite Aid Pharmacy, 4145 Buffalo Road. The actor stole eight propane tanks and fled east on Buffalo Road.
• NORTH EAST TOWNSHIP — On July 18 at 10:56 p.m. Christopher Bowman was arrested for DUI on Dill Park Road. No other information was released by police.
• NORTH EAST TOWNSHIP — On July 20, Miranda Rater, 34, of Ripley, was issued a non-traffic citation for simple trespass. Charges were filed through District Judge Scott Hammer.
• HARBORCREEK TOWNSHIP — A DUI occurred on Buffalo Road on July 21 at 12:15 a.m. State police did not release the name of the accused.
• HARBORCREEK TOWNSHIP — A one-vehicle accident occurred on Highmeyer Road on July 23 at 1:06 p.m. Robert Jelinek, 30, of Harborcreek, was traveling north on Highmeyer Road, approaching East Lake Road, when his motorcycle suddenly crashed and slid before leaving the road and coming to a final rest. The motorcycle rolled east, while Jelinek rolled west. He was transported to UPMC Hamot via Brookside Fire Co.