By Libby Rosequist
The 9 Digit Designs artist Tamara Maas has opened North East’s first pop-up shop at 22 S. Lake St., beside Michael’s Pizzeria and will only be open for the month of December.
The shop will feature an array of original paintings, framed and sleeved prints, art cards, magnets, mugs, ornaments and much more all varying in size and price.
“This pop-up shop was a great opportunity for me to be pushed back into my art and promoting people to shop local for the holidays,” Tamara Maas said. “I love to see our town flourish with local businesses and when I saw this empty space available I knew I wanted to be a part of that.”
Maas will also be hosting painting classes for all ages and will include all materials needed.
• Wednesday, Dec.11- Kids (fourth grade and up) 4-5:15 p.m., 8×10 canvas, $12
• Thursday, Dec.12- Adults 6-8 p.m., wine glass painting, one for $15 or two for $25
• Wednesday, Dec.18- Kids 4-5:15 p.m., mug painting, $10
• Thursday, Dec.19- Adults 6-8 p.m., mug painting, one for $12 or two for $20
• Friday, Dec.27- Kids 2-3:30 p.m., 11×14 canvas, $15
Pre-registration is preferred but walk-ins are welcome. Kids can also make their own snowman ornament for $5 anytime the shop is open.
To schedule a class or private painting party, call or text 814-434-5094.