The Hi-Ed and the 4 NINE Center are offering personal enrichment and job skill classes throughout March and April at the 4 NINE Center, 103 Clay St.
The schedule is as follows:
• Diabetes SelfManagement: Mondays from March 11 to April 15, 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. This free Diabetes Self-Management program addresses common issues facing individuals with diabetes. The class will focus on education about nutrition and healthy eating, how to prevent swings in blood sugar, monitoring blood sugar and skin and foot care.
• Powerful Tools for Caregivers: Fridays from March 22 to May 3, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Caregiver burnout is a real thing. Taking care of someone takes an emotional and physical toll on the caregiver, and all too often, the caregiver ends up neglecting their own well-being. This free class will help you find ways to avoid caregiver burnout, and become a happier, healthier caregiver in the long run.
• Understanding Inflammation: Friday, March 22, from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Sarah Parker, RN and owner of Parable Farms, will show you different foods that can help with our inflammation issues. This is a free class.
• Building a Business Website on a Budget: Friday, March 29, from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Websites establish your company’s presence on the web. Even if you aren’t selling anything online, having a site where your customers can see what your company is all about is very important. This course will take you through how to set up your own website. Cost is $59.
• 3 Steps to Effective Leadership: Wednesday, April 3, from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Become an effective leader by using these three steps — Motivation, Discipline and Delegation. Expert instructor Dan Monaghan gets in depth on how to become the most effective leader. Cost is $150, and a half-hour lunch will be served.
• Quickbooks: Friday, April 5, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Learn the basics on how to use Quickbooks for your business and home bookkeeping needs. Cost is $69.
• Basic Computers: Saturday, April 13, from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Learn the basics of how to use a PC. Cost is $29.
• Joy of Painting — Spring Landscapes: Wednesday, April 24, from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Learn the “Bob Ross” style of oil painting from local artist Pete Ferry. Complete a 16×20” landscape painting in about three hours. You’ll learn to pain mountains, lakes, rivers, waterfalls, different types of clouds, cabins and of course “happy trees” All supplies are provided. Cost is $59.
• Using the Internet to Find Your Next Job: Friday, April 26, from 11 a.m. to noon.
In this free class, students will explore different job websites, learning how to search for the type of job they are looking for.
To register for classes, visit www.NorthEastHi-Ed.org or call 814-723-3222. These classes are filling up quickly, so hurry and register today!